- We offer a structured series of classes and workshops. The upcoming classes will be in English.
- Everything we offer on our website and our courses is free of charge. For us, giving these classes is such a fulfilling experience, and we feel incredibly grateful and privileged to be able to share this gift with you.
- Meditation helps you discover who you are. Our approach to meditation is not religious, but it is spiritual. Our hope is that people of all religions and no religion can take advantage of meditation to improve their lives.
- We are not just teaching people how to relax. The course is aimed at those who have an inner hunger for self-discovery, and long to realise their full life potential.
The class numbers are limited to comply with current health guidelines. To find out about the next class, you can contact 697 3974 (or 551 8080 during working hours) or send us a message. (Note: the evening course is booked out, but you can still get spaces on the weekend workshop)
The initial classes are for everybody, no matter what level of meditation they are at. After the classes and workshops are over, we may hold an ongoing series of classes, where we further explore heart-centred meditation and spirituality.
Who (and where) are we?
Our centre was founded in 1974, and since then has introduced the basics of meditation to thousands of Icelanders through our free classes and workshops.
Currently, we are located at Ármúli 22, 2nd floor, approximately 15 minutes walking distance from Laugardalslaug swimming pool.
Also – If you happen to be in the city centre, one good way to get a ‘feeling’ for our centre and the type of meditation we offer is to pop in to Garðurinn (Ecstasy’s Heart-Garden) café or the Sangitamiya music store, both located on Klapparstígur. These are both owned and staffed by members of our meditation centre, and aim to have the same kind of meditative vibration. The staff are always very happy to talk about meditation and answer any questions you might have.
Our meditation teacher, Sri Chinmoy, asked us to give these classes free of charge, because true inner peace is the birthright of every person, and something that should not be for sale.
Other things we do…
- We aim to offer free meditation classes every one or two months – so if you miss this one, please get in touch and we’ll tell you when the next one is scheduled!
- We also regularly organise concerts of meditation/mantric music and other cultural events throughout the year. If you’d like to stay informed, let us know via the contact form…
No price is too great to pay for inner peace. Peace is the harmonious control of life. It is vibrant with life-energy. It is a power that easily transcends all our worldly knowledge. Yet it is not separate from our earthly existence. If we open the right avenues within, this peace can be felt here and now.