Our free meditation classes are suitable for:
(1) total beginners
(2) people who already have a meditation practice and want to take it to the next level
(3) people who want to go all the way and attain enlightenment already…
- These classes will take place in English.
- We will try different concentration and meditation exercises; we will also talk about healthy lifestyle, inner discipline and the importance of physical fitness for inner strength and progress. All our classes are for free.
- The evening workshop takes place on Tuesdays. Each class builds on what we learned on the previous classes, so try and come to them all if you can!
- The weekend workshops take place over 2 days – Saturday and Sunday. Note that the Sunday class builds on top of what we learned on Saturday, so we would advise waiting for a new class if you can’t make the Saturday (we try to give them every month or so)
- The class size will be limited in order to respect the 2-metre distancing rule.
Admission is free, but you will need to sign up beforehand. If you are interested in attending, please contact 697 3974 (or 551 8080 during working hours). Alternatively, you can use the form below, and we’ll be in touch to confirm your place.
Interested? Get in touch!
The initial classes are for everybody, no matter what level of meditation they are at. After the classes and workshops are over, we may hold an ongoing series of classes, depending on if people are interested in exploring the type of meditation we have to offer….
Who (and where) are we?
Our centre was founded in 1974, and since then has introduced the basics of meditation to thousands of Icelanders through our free classes and workshops.
Currently, we are located at Ármúli 22, 2nd floor, approximately 15 minutes walking distance from Laugardalslaug swimming pool.
Also – If you happen to be in the city centre, one good way to get a ‘feeling’ for our centre and the type of meditation we offer is to pop in to Garðurinn (Ecstasy’s Heart-Garden) café or the Sangitamiya music store, both located on Klapparstígur. These are both owned and staffed by members of our meditation centre, and aim to have the same kind of meditative vibration. The staff are always very happy to talk about meditation and answer any questions you might have.
Our meditation teacher, Sri Chinmoy, asked us to give these classes free of charge, because true inner peace is the birthright of every person, and something that should not be for sale.
Other things we do…
- We aim to offer free meditation classes every one or two months – so if you miss this one, please get in touch and we’ll tell you when the next one is scheduled!
- We also regularly organise concerts of meditation/mantric music and other cultural events throughout the year. If you’d like to stay informed, let us know via the contact form…
No price is too great to pay for inner peace. Peace is the harmonious control of life. It is vibrant with life-energy. It is a power that easily transcends all our worldly knowledge. Yet it is not separate from our earthly existence. If we open the right avenues within, this peace can be felt here and now.