Our free meditation classes are suitable for:
- total beginners
- people who have a meditation practice and want to take it to the next level
- …or even people who want to go all the way and make meditation a core part of the way they live their lives!
If you are interested in attending, please contact 697 3974 (or 551 8080 during working hours) or use the contact form below.
Our teacher, Sri Chinmoy, asked us to give these classes free of charge, to honour the ancient Indian tradition that true inner peace is the birthright of every person, and something that should not be for sale.
Interested? Get in touch!
Who (and where) are we?
The Sri Chinmoy Centre in Iceland was founded in 1974, and since then has introduced the basics of meditation to thousands of Icelanders through our free classes and workshops.
Currently, we are located at Ármúli 22, 2nd floor, approximately 15 minutes walking distance from Laugardalslaug swimming pool.
Also – If you happen to be in the city centre, one good way to get a ‘feeling’ for our centre and the type of meditation we offer is to pop in to Garðurinn (Ecstasy’s Heart-Garden) café or the Sangitamiya music store, both located on Klapparstígur. These are both owned and staffed by members of the Icelandic Sri Chinmoy Centre, and aim to have a meditative vibration just like in our own meditation centre1
The staff also are members of our Centre and are always very happy to talk about meditation and answer any questions you might have.
Other things we do…
- We aim to offer free meditation classes every one or two months – so if you miss this one, please get in touch and we’ll tell you when the next one is scheduled!
- We also regularly organise concerts of meditation/mantric music and other cultural events throughout the year. If you’d like to stay informed, let us know via the contact form…
- We are also very enthusiastic about practising sports and fitness as part of a balanced life; to that end, we organise an annual 5k race for the public in August. We also are enthusiastic supporters of the Sri Chinmoy Oneness-Home Peace Run, a global peace torch relay that covers over 160 countries.
No price is too great to pay for inner peace. Peace is the harmonious control of life. It is vibrant with life-energy. It is a power that easily transcends all our worldly knowledge. Yet it is not separate from our earthly existence. If we open the right avenues within, this peace can be felt here and now.